Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 5

I am so very thankful for friends...the kind you have forEVER! I have always told my sons: friends will come and go, brothers are forever; you will probably take only a handful of very close friends with you throughout life.

When I meet a new person, I always wonder: will this be another "forever" friend? It seems sad when some fade away and you lose contact. Do you suppose this is normal for us? Or are we, on the whole, just too darned busy in our lives to really cultivate and care for the people God gives us? Are these the folks we are supposed to "keep" (as in: be our brothers keeper)?

I know I'm just as guilty as the next person. Since I have secluded myself this last 9 months to recoup and get well, I feel like my friendships have concentrated down to mostly "forever" friends. I look forward to re-establishing connections; and I thank the good Lord above for my precious friends who are never far away from speed-dial! You are the precious jewels in my life...(does this mean I need to give you jewels or just re-name you all? Ruby, Topaz, Emerald, Diamond....hey, wait: who gets to be called AquaMarine?! haha)

XOXOXO's my friends.

Nola Gae

No comments:

Post a Comment