Sunday, July 4, 2010

Second Annual Go....

Well, friends...here we go with my first attempt at blogging!

Last Independence Day, as I sat and watched my son's CAP Honour Guard give us their best in a parade, I was overcome with Thankfulness for my life, my family, my country. God instructed me to begin a journal of Thankfulness and do so for 30 days.

I was intrigued to see where it would go, since God doesn't tell me to do something for no reason at all. As it turns out, the mind-set of thankfulness would come in quite handy over the ensuing months.

Late summer of 2009 I was diagnosed with a disease called Nesidioblastosis. I most likely had been dealing with it all of my life, and a very smart Doctor FINALLY got it. I have been under treatment and should completely recover over time. The journey, however, has been one of many tears.

This is not a blog of my diseased journey, but of Thankfulness for the blessings of liberty, family and friends. And of course: the blessings of the Most Holy One, the one whom I love to search out, spend time with, and set my gaze upon. This blog is for me but since talking to myself isn't nearly as fun as talking with others, I welcome your input.

And so viewers: thanks for dropping by.

Nola Gae

No comments:

Post a Comment